Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Wednesday, swore in newly confirmed 16 Commissioners.
The Governor equally swore in the new Secretary to the Government of the State, Prof Kudirat Adeyemo, as well as the former Acting Head of Service, Olubunmi Oni MNi into substantive position as Head of Service (HoS), Oyo state.
The Governor, who kept mum on official portfolios of the new Commissioners, also swore in 13 newly promoted Permanent Secretaries of Ministries in the state’s civil service as well as the newly appointed Accountant General of Oyo State; Mrs Kikelomo Adegoke.
Makinde, after administering the oath of office and allegiance to the new appointees at the Executive chamber of the Governor’s Office, Secretariat, Ibadan, expressed confidence in their selection and capacity to bring their wealth of professional experiences to bear on governance.
The governor, while disclosing that it was the first time the state recorded state cabinet well represented from all 14 federal constituencies in the state, also tasked the new cabinet members to see their appointments as a call to service urging them to shun personal interests for the the common good of the state.
While highlighting some of the key achievements of his first term administration and the support of his then state executive council towards the actualization of his accelerated development agender under Omititun 1.0, Makinde urged his returning and new Commissioners to redouble their efforts saying there was more work ahead to be done.
He assured his new cabinet members that he would continue to provide a platform that would engender personal growth while pursuing the overall development of the state.
NAMES OF COMMISSIONERS AND THEIR
- MR AKINOLA OJO – MINISTRY OF FINANCE
- PROF TUNJI BABATUNDE – MINISTRY OF BUDGET AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
- BARR. SEUN ASHAMU – MINISTRY OF
ENERGY AND MINERAL RESOURCES 4. MR BIODUN AIKOMO- MINISTRY OF
- MRS TOYIN BALOGUN-MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
- MR ABDULMOJEED MOGBONJUBOLA – MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
- MR WILLIAMS AKIN-FUNMILAYO-
MINISTRY OF LANDS, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
- MR WASIU OLATUNBOSUN – MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
- PRINCE DOTUN OYELADE – MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
- MR SEGUN OLAYIWOLA – MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND CHIEFTAINCY MATTERS
- ALHAJA FAUSAT JOKE SANNI – MINISTRY OF SPECIAL DUTIES
- PROF DAUD KEHINDE SHANGODOYIN – MINISTRY OF PUBLIC WORKS AND TRANSPORT
- BARR. OLASUNKANMI OLALEYE- MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- MR DEMOLA OJO – MINISTRY OF TRADE, INVESTMENT, INDUSTRY AND COOPERATIVES
- PROF. ABDULWAHEED SOLIU – MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- BARRISTER ADENIYI ADEBISI —MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT