Our attention has been drawn to the publications from one online News ‘Today Splash’ purportedly authored by two elders, Mr. Fatokun Ojekunle and Elder Hamzat Yekeen Kolade wherein Our highly referred Hon.Maroof Akinwande was described as a dissident and worked against PDP in the 2o23 general elections.
Ordinarily, we wouldn’t have replied to those allegations contained therein if not because silence could be misconstrued to mean guilty as charged.
Summarily, we believed that what motivated this write-up was the issue at hand now; PDP Local Governments Chairmanship and Councillorship primary elections. Of more important relevance to this is the Local Governments Chairmanship election wherein Mr. Sola Oluokun was endorsed against Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye by highly referred Hon Maroof Akinwande and notable leaders in the Oyo East Local government
To begin with, the question we want to ask these acclaimed elders is whether it is a crime to have a choice within democratic norms.
Are these Elders exist? To us they appeared faceless. With our years of being an active members of PDP in Oyo East, we have not come across these names in any of the serious organs of our party. Little could we wonder why all the allegations put forward can’t be substantiated. If they exist, we challenge them to make their voter cards public.
Atiku Bill Board Infront of Oyo East Local Governments Secretariat
Our investigations reviewed that Hon. Maroof Akinwande worked for the success of PDP at the National Elections, Governorship, and State Houses Assembly elections.
We can make bold to say that Hon. Maroof Akinwande delivered both his polling unit and ward 1 [Agboye/Molete] to Chief Likuman Ilaka (PDP Senatorial Candidate) and Hon. Kamil Mudasiru Akinlabi (PDP House of Representatives candidate). We challenge Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye to come up with the result of his polling unit and ward 3 [ Alodi/ Modeke] at the National Houses Assembly elections. With this result, we can say categorically that Hon. Akinwande did not work against the interest of party candidates. With this overwhelming evidence, can any right-thinking person accuse Hon Akinwande Maroof of antiparty activities? The answer is capital NO. It is our finding also that Hon. Akinwande Moroof has no either political or personal association with Sen. Folarin, this can not be said of Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye, who has always been an associate of Sen. Folarin.
The election result of Hon. Akinwande Maroof at his polling unit and ward at Governorship and the House of Assembly elections vindicated him of this complication. He delivered to PDP overwhelmingly.
We equally find out that though Hon. Akinwande Maroof is a director in the Oyo state Atiku campaign Council he worked relentlessly to see to the re-election bid of God sent Governor,, Engr Seyi Makinde: he sponsored (in cash and house-to-house house Campaign in his ward, supported the local Governments, Federal Constituency campaign rallies. All these contributions are variable at both the ward and local levels of the party.
Atiku Bill Board at Akesan Market
Oluwakemi (Oloriagba) and he (Akinwande) equally organized a campaign for Engr. Seyi Makinde’s reelection bid after the Presidential and National Houses of Assembly election for Atiku Support and Volunteer groups at the PDP state Secretariat and charged them to vote Seyi and PDP State House Assembly members. Akinwande indeed is not an ingrate.
We want to say without missing words that Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye is one of the major promoters, sponsors, and campaigners in the election of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
He erected a billboard in front of Oyo East and newly built the Akesan market and constitution of the Atiku campaign Council at local and ward levels of Oyo East local governments.
We equally make an unofficial inquiry into the activities of Hon. Akinwande in water cooperation where he was served for a short time. The responses were that he performed excellently well, and his achievements were listed as follows;
1) Restoration of power back to the Eleyele water scheme with the provision of the gang.
2] Repairs of 2 numbers 750KVa generators at Eyelet water works
3) Reconstruction of treated water tanks at eyelet treated water terminals
4) Construction of raw water drawn point at eyelet workers’ works
5) Provision of reticulated pipes of almost 2000 meters at Ologun eru.
6) laying of pipes and provision of water to Ultral modern Lekan Salami Stadium
7) Repair of 3 number dam gates at Asegire.
8) Provisions of electrical circuit panel at Ososami
8b) Restoration of damaged mains and general gas interchange.
9] provision of filter media at Erelu
10) installation of an additional high lift pump at Erelu
12) Repairs of Valves and back wash equipment at Erelu
13) Repairs and realigning the mains that supply the Sooro booster station
14) Provision of new allium dosing pump at Erelu
15) Rehabitatipon of Sooro booster station
15] Replacement of pipes between Sambo and Afin in Oyo
17) Installation of 2 numbers high lift pumping machine at Ogbomoso water works
18) Provision and installation of Allium dosing pump at Ogbomoso water works
19) Bring Ago Amodu waterworks to life
19b) Clearing of water weds at Atori water works, Iseyin
19c) Repairs of 200KVA transformer at Koso.
20) Relocation of low lift pump house at Kisi
21) installation of low lift pump at Kisi
22) Reconstruction of saki solar panel
23) Provision of the isolated gang at Eruwa
24) Reconstruction of electrical panels at Eruwa Water Works
26) Peaceful coexistence between workers, trade unions, management, and board.
27). Payment of salaries as scheduled. Oyo State Water Cooperation could be contacted to verify these or many others.
Why do we prefer Mr. Sola Oluokun against Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye
1) Stop Alhaji Saheed Arowosaye from dragging the name of our highly refereed governor in the mud. His general reply for not performing is Governor Ko si wa le ni.
2)Fractionation of party members
3)Little or no infrastructural provisions
4)High hardness less
5)Little or no care for the party members.
We make a personate appeal to all those concerned to support us to see to the election of Mr. Peter Sola Olukun aka ‘omo mini niran so that Oyo East will be delivered from the hand of ‘Gomina ko tuwa sile ni’ if the Governor did not allow you to work and there is no money in the council. Please vacate the office for those who are real managers of Human and material resources.
Mr. Sola Oluokun is the man
Hammed Hammed ( Eja Kabata)
Convener, Oyo East Liberation Front.